Recent findings



Maybe you're amazing into music and you know all these people already. I still enjoy finding amazing albums and artists that aren't current. Kids listen to the whole history of music on the internet now, they don't just listen to the hot new thing.


Someone posted this album on r/jazz asking if it was jazz, so I had to listen to it. I think it's experimental music, but it's a close cousin to free jazz. Neptunian Maximalism put out an album called Eons (2020). Bandcamp


Karen O. Never heard of her, but I guess I know that song from Her (2013). She has solo stuff and is in Yeah Yeah Yeahs. I saw her in the Criterion Closet, and I like their video on YouTube. She picks Elevators To The Gallows which is on regular play in my house too.


Kofi Stone has a song on the new episode of Slow Horses. Been listening to him.


There was an article of 100 obscure songs from the 70's that was problematic, but I hardly knew most of the artists. Someone created a playlist on Spotify, which I'm de-emphasizing and haven't switched to Tidal yet. 


Jaleel Shaw (2025) Painter of the Invisible.


Marshall Allen with Nenah Cherry Bandcamp (I quit Spotify finally a few days ago).

Marshall Allen - Ceremonial Healing YouTube


Tyshawn Sorey Members... Don't! (2026) Bandcamp

Tyshawn Sorey – drums, arrangements

Adam O’Farrill – trumpet, electronics

Mark Shim – tenor saxophone

Lex Korten – piano

Tyrone Allen II – bass

Fay Victor – vocals on “Members, Don’t Git Weary”




I've been watching Smalls on YouTube, but today Jazzcultural (349 West 46th Street, NYC, 10706) popped up, and I saw:

E.J. Strickland / Drums
Jaleel Shaw / Alto Sax
Mark Shim / Tenor Sax
Luis Perdomo / Piano
Eric Wheeler / Bass

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Female vocalist I like

Missy Mazzoli

Shaggs